Frontiers Children Development Organization (FCDO) is a Non-Governmental Organization working for the well -being of deprived, excluded and vulnerable children to improve their lives and their opportunities to become young adults, parents and leaders who bring lasting and positive change in their communities. The program operates in Loima, Turkana Central, Turkana South and Turkana North sub-counties of Turkana County. The organization is looking for a self-driven individual who wants to exercise his/her abilities and knowledge to serve children and the community.
Reporting to the Sponsor Relations Coordinator (SRC), the Programs and Sponsorship Officer (PSO) will facilitate community mobilization, planning, and implementation of program and sponsorship processes and activities in Loima sub-county. He/she will closely work with Sponsor Relations Volunteers (SRVs), enrolled children and their caregivers/parents, local leaders and other stakeholders to deliver quality programs, and sponsor relations communications. He/she will be the link between the community and the FCDO and will ensure that all Child Safeguarding policies and protocols are adhered to.
Reports to the Sponsors Relations Coordinator (SRC)
The following are the duties and the responsibilities for the officer:
- Works closely with the FCDO program structures and specifically the SRC to facilitate the design, planning, implementation, and monitoring of child centered programs using FCDO Theory of Change and program principles.
- Participate in preparation of Annual Operating Plan and Budget (AOPB) as per FCDO guidelines and ensure full participation in the process of enrolled children, their caregivers and other community stakeholders,
- Facilitate and enhance quality and timely implementation and monitoring of projects in line with AOPBs, FCDO Strategic Plan and other DEV policies and frameworks.
- Create and strengthen relationships between FCDO and the enrolled children, their parents/caregivers, local leaders and other sub-county and community level stakeholders for purposes of influencing and fostering development in the community of operation,
- On a timely basis prepare quality monthly, quarterly, and annual reports and documents on project progress,
- Facilitate community mobilization and action for development.
- Work closely with contractors and service providers in the field in consultation with Program and Sponsorship Coordinators to ensure all project and services are completed on schedule and meet set or agreed quality standards.
- Support the SRC in developing workable funding proposals to donors and/or any other funding raising efforts including mobilizing community contributions to support the implementation of the Annual Plans and Budgets,
Requirements and competencies for appointment: -
- A minimum of a Diploma in Social Sciences, Community Development, Project Planning and Management, Development studies or related disciplines from a university recognized in Kenya.
- Minimum of 2 years in progressive work experience in community development with a focus on children and youth welfare and development in not-for-profit environment.
- Practical experience in child sponsorship work will be an added advantage.
- Willingness and ability to work in rural areas under minimal supervision and have passion for working with children and community.
- Strong interpersonal communication skills, including good written and oral communication skills in English and fluency in Swahili.
- Conversant with the Knowledge of the catchment area.
- Computer proficiency in general office software applications (i.e. Word, Excel, Outlook).
- Familiarity with process-oriented operations and workflows as well as with policies and standards.
- Guide, supervise and work closely with Sponsor Relations Volunteers (SRVs) to ensure all sponsor relations activities are carried out on time and in line with FCDO sponsorship policies and guidelines.
- Review sponsorship materials - correspondence, communications, and products submitted by SRVs for compliance, both in timeliness and content. Ensures Child Information Folders and process re-assignment material are updated on a weekly basis.
- Ensures that SRVs are trained and have the required capacities to effectively carry out all sponsorship processes as per Standard Operation Procedures.
- Prepares for and ensure all arrangements are in place for sponsor visits, work in close collaboration and consultation with SRC to ensure all sponsor visit protocols are adhered to.
- Support grant funded activities implemented in his/her community/site as required.
- Engage and mobilize enrolled children, youth and their families to fully participate in program and sponsorship activities.
- Always ensure personal responsiveness and adherence to child safeguarding policy and procedures, and make sure all risks are mitigated and child safeguarding is at all times integrated in program and sponsorship intervention and activities.
- Perform any other duty as assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
HOW TO APPLY
Written applications, CVs with three (3) referees, copies of certificates, testimonials and Identity Card should be sent in a sealed envelope clearly marked on the left side the position being applied for and addressed to:
The Program and Sponsorship Coordinator.
Frontiers Children Development Organization (FCDO),
P.O. BOX 374 – 30500
OR delivered by hand at the reception desk at the Frontiers Children Development Organization (FCDO) Offices located at Upper Narewa Estate, off the Kitale-Lodwar highway near Stegra Hotel, so as to reach the undersigned on or before Friday, February 9th, 2024 by 5.00pm. (East African Time).